The Thomas Family Blog

"And wherever we are, Home is there, too."
~ Jack Johnson

Monday, December 6, 2010

Girls' Christmas Party

The Annual Girls' Christmas party was yesterday - and I have been thinking about how many years we've kept this tradition going. The very first party was thrown in 1999, so this marks the eleventh year in a row that the party has kept on rolling. It's taken many different shapes, forms, and formats - from huge and co-ed to small and intimate - from rollicking and foggy to quiet and humble. There's never been one that I have attended (I think I've only missed two) that hasn't been a great time and filled with good conversation, good food, good friends, and great memories and this year was no different. This year's gathering was small and quiet - but it was one of the nicest as far as conversation and gifts! Another highlight was inaugurating Becky into the party! Yay! I ended up walking away with a really nice bamboo hors d'oeuvres tray and a great recipe for sausage and cheese wontons - delish - and I still got home by 9:30!

As Becky and I were driving home we decided to kick it up a notch and hold the party on Bowers Lane next year... oh the possibilities... and the guest list!!!!!




Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas. 
~ Peg Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment