The Thomas Family Blog

"And wherever we are, Home is there, too."
~ Jack Johnson

Monday, April 18, 2011

Pied for a Cause

My school raises money for Relay for Life every year and our entire community gets involved - it really is inspirational to watch the kids pull together to make a difference. This year to reward the kids who raised the most money, we decided to have teachers volunteer to get pied in the face at a special pep rally. I volunteered - it was a great cause and I've never had a pie smashed all over my face.. and down my neck... and in my hair... and on my shoes... but I HAVE NOW! My little 1st grade sweetheart, Kayla, selected me as her favorite teacher, so I took one for the team. It was all in good fun and I would do it all over again to support and encourage these brave little ones who work so hard to help those touched by cancer. Way to go, kiddos!!!






"I will take a pie in the face any time for a worthy cause."
~ Cheryl Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment