The Thomas Family Blog

"And wherever we are, Home is there, too."
~ Jack Johnson

Friday, December 9, 2011

Who Ever Woulda Thunk It...

I am a certified Room Mother. I know. Nobody is more surprised than I am. I mean, really, when did this even become conceivably possible? The world must be in a sad state of affairs if I am that person. But, alas, I have been tapped and am very good, at least, at making it look like I know what the heck I am doing. I don't, just for the record, folks. I even warned Caroline's poor teachers, Mrs. Burnette and Mrs. Campbell, that I'd be glad to help... as long as they were okay with the fact that on the morning of the class party I would have to run out to my car and scavenge my backseat for stray cheerios, leftover shreds of fruit roll ups, and stale animal crackers for snacks. And maybe a broken Happy Meal toy or something like that. This would be because, of course, I would have forgotten that the party was that morning. She laughed like it was funny. She doesn't know me that well. Ask me to bring a batch of from scratch margaritas to your shindig and I'm golden. Ask me to remember something that would actually matter - like my daughter's class party - and I'm toast (or you're toast, depending on how you choose to look at it). Any-hoo, I have a great helper, the fabulous Heather Neeley, and she helps me keep it together. Between the two of us, we haven't messed anything up too royally yet. We hosted the Evening at East Lake event and that went well and just before Thanksgiving we went to the classroom and led the kids in a fall craft. It was a lot of fun and we even survived the addition of a new student that morning - read: we didn't buy extra craft supplies! Lesson learned. Here are some pictures of the morning.

My co-Room Mom, Heather, and her son, Knox

Caroline and Tessa

The results

We had a story time after we finished our craft.
"All I really need to know I learned in kindergarten." ~ Robert Fulghum

No comments:

Post a Comment