The Thomas Family Blog

"And wherever we are, Home is there, too."
~ Jack Johnson

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Shout Out to Summer

Okay, so I said that last weekend was our last shout out to summer before the lull of fall sweeps over us, but I couldn't help but take advantage of this BEAUTIFUL late summer weather and head down to Jekyll Island for a few days this week. It's our Fall Break from school, so what else was there to do? We rented a cute little cottage and drove down Wednesday and stayed until Sunday. Grandmama, Granddaddy, and Madison joined us on Thursday. We had the best time, as always. Of course, our definition of "fun" is different than most people's, but we make no apologies and absolutely love going to Jekyll and shaking off the "real world" for a while. We rented a Red Bug again, which ended up being white this time, and did a fair share of riding around, beaching, exploring, and relaxing. I actually saw the sunrise over the ocean each morning! I was very impressed with myself - and, man, was it worth it! Just breathtaking. Travis and his Dad played some golf, me and Grandmama did a little shopping, and the girls wore themselves out on the beach. The Georgia Shrimp and Grits Festival was going on while we were there, so we got to enjoy some good food and some good music along with that. We even got to see the filming of an episode of one my favorite shows, Georgia Traveler, while we were at the Festival.
One thing about going to Jekyll that is so special to me is that it is like our little family's "special" place - we have made so many precious memories there - and, hopefully, will make many more. What a magical place!!!
Caroline and I at the Horton House Ruins


No comments:

Post a Comment