The Thomas Family Blog

"And wherever we are, Home is there, too."
~ Jack Johnson

Saturday, October 22, 2011

She definitely won't drown, that's for sure...

Crazy, funny, silly Em... the girl has a will of solid IRON and when she gets something inside her head, you absolutely can't convince her of anything else (hmmmmm... I'm thinking I know someone else like this, but I just can't recall who it is...) She loves this ladybug swim vest and, lately, has enjoyed putting it on while she plays. I have no idea why, but she is just really into it right now. So one night recently, we were all outside playing, and she brought it to me to help her put it on (like she does quite frequently). She then proceeded to go get Caroline's scooter and attempt, repeatedly, to ride it down the steepest part of our driveway. My heart leaped up into my throat several times as I envisioned her careening straight into the concrete and down the hill dislodging the remaining teeth she still has in her mouth. The pictures you see here are of her dragging the scooter back up to the top of the hill before attempting her Evel-Kenievel-like maneuvers. Someone needs to teach her the proper safety equipment for this trick is a helmet and kneepads. Girl is crazy.

"Road sense is the offspring of courtesy and the parent of safety." 
~ Australian Traffic Rule

No comments:

Post a Comment