The Thomas Family Blog

"And wherever we are, Home is there, too."
~ Jack Johnson

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Mama's Birthday and the Road to Tara!

Well... Mama turned 33. Why do birthdays come in such rapid succession these days? I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I celebrated (is that the word?) my 32nd birthday just last week, so this must all be a huge mistake. All kidding aside, I'm not sure any woman actually enjoys getting older, but wise ones at least embrace the fact that another year means more experience and more perspective... and that's always a good thing. I'm so thankful that I have my family, my health, amazing friends, and so many new and enriching experiences in my life right now. I have more gray hairs, but I also have more understanding of the "bigger picture." Life is good, and I'm going to wear 33 proudly... until next week when all of your crazy people are ready to celebrate my 34th birthday. Slow down!
Caroline wanted to take me to the "Scarlett O'Hara Museum" for my birthday - so that is what we did. You know Caroline, just like her mama, is a die hard Gone With the Wind fan (sooooo proud of my girl!) and she had heard of the museum where you "can see all of Scarlett's dresses," so Mama came over last weekend and we had a girl's day out. It was fabulous and Caroline was awed and inspired. She even wore her Scarlett dress! Afterward we had sushi for lunch. Beautiful day!!







"I can shoot straight if I don't have to shoot too far." ~ Scarlett O'Hara

No comments:

Post a Comment