The Thomas Family Blog

"And wherever we are, Home is there, too."
~ Jack Johnson

Friday, December 30, 2011

Hakuna Matata!

I hate it when I am behind on my posts. Well, yes... that would be pretty much all the time, but at least I am still plugging away at this thing! What normally happens is I think of something that needs to be entered and I jot it down and then tick off my list as I get them done. So this post has been in my to do list for quite some time. Months, actually. That's okay - because here it goes! For Becky's 30th birthday, she wanted to take the girls, Caroline and Madison, to see The Lion King in 3-D. I admit that I was not totally excited about it because this particular movie violates rule number one in my movie-viewing guideline manual. That rule being: Never watch movies with animal characters that make you cry. Ummm... when Scar throws Mufasa off the cliff and then lets little Simba believe that it's his fault that his dad died??? Can it get any sadder? So, no, I was not jumping up and down, but I will do whatever it takes to make any one of my besties happy on her big day, so I went along. We did have a great time and the movie was good. I just put on my big girl panties and pretended to be hard and unfeeling. It worked.... sort of. Of course, having the distraction of Caroline wanting to switch candy boxes every two minutes helped to distract me from the weep-fest on screen. We got pedicures, had a good dinner, and just overall had a good girls day out! Happy Birthday, Miss Betsy! Welcome to the Dirty Thirties!
"Hakuna Matata. It means, 'No worries.'" ~ Pumbaa

No comments:

Post a Comment