The Thomas Family Blog

"And wherever we are, Home is there, too."
~ Jack Johnson

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Emily Kate - Five Month Milestones

It's hard to believe that Emily Kate is now five months old. It still seems like yesterday that she was a newborn. I finally understand why people say that children grow up too fast - it's because they do. Time passes so quickly and moments are so fleeting... I try to remember this when times are hectic or I feel the pull of things that are not at all important (but feel important? chores? responsibilities? Playing with my babies is so much more fun.) In Emily's five short months she has visited the beach three separate times, traveled to Savannah twice, learned to eat solid foods, and, just this week, mastered the art of rolling from her back to her tummy. She's been rolling from her tummy to her back for a while now, but the opposite direction was a bit trickier! On a less cheerful note, my darling 12-hours-a-night baby has decided that waking in the middle of the night is a better idea - for the last week she has been waking anywhere from 3:00 to 5:30. No!!! We are hoping it's a passing phase. I keep telling myself it's normal... but I had gotten so used to her sleeping so well. Come on, Miss Em! Go back to hibernation mode!!
Here's a five-month "bunny picture." Enjoy!
"People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one."
-- Leo J. Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment