The Thomas Family Blog

"And wherever we are, Home is there, too."
~ Jack Johnson

Monday, June 7, 2010

Damn good dog

We received word this morning that Trout, our beloved Yellow Labrador Retriever, passed away. Trout was twelve years old this month, and had been a part of our family since Trav and I began dating back in Athens ten years ago. We are on vacation on Jekyll Island this week and left Trout and Cody in the care of our neighbors, Craig and Katey Piper. I have been distraught that I was not there for my sweet old man in his final hours, but I know that he is chasing his favorite toys around heaven right now with his sweet Jesus. :) There are no aches and pains up there. He was truly the best, most devoted, and most loyal, intelligent, loving dog that ever lived. We will miss our dog. He was a part of our family. Trout, we love you and we will never forget your sweet spirit. Rest in peace, our good boy. You deserve it.

"I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands.
When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands;
then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat.
For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that."
~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

2 comments:

  1. Awww...I just might cry. I know you will miss him! Is Cody sad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Tracy, it has been so awful. Poor Cody, he actually got sick, wouldn't eat. Vet said he has dog depression. I am not giving him Prozac, though! Just lots of love and affection. He's at my mom's farm this week so he's on sabbatical! Miss you and would LOVE to see you, Maybe one day we will coordinate that???

    ReplyDelete