The Thomas Family Blog

"And wherever we are, Home is there, too."
~ Jack Johnson

Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Top of the World

We are vacationing on Tybee this week (I know - I am one spoiled beach bum - but one of the perks of my chosen profession is summer break - and I need it to get psyched up to teach another year!), and the girls (Madison and Caroline) have been begging us all week to take them up to the top of the Tybee Light. We decided to do it this morning while the weather was still cool (cool is a relative term on Tybee in June!). There are 178 steps to the top. I did it while I was pregnant last summer, so this climb was cake! The girls did great and didn't ask us to carry them one time. The views from the top are breathtaking. Here are some shots of our excursion.




"From within or from behind, a light shines through us upon things,
and makes us aware that we are nothing, but the light is all."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment