The Thomas Family Blog

"And wherever we are, Home is there, too."
~ Jack Johnson

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Graduated from the Pack 'n Play

Mrs. Kayce has blessed our family since Caroline was nine months old by being a home away from home and "second mama" to our daughters while Trav and I have had to work. I can honestly say that she is one of the people for whom I am absolutely the most thankful - not just as a caregiver, but as a friend, as well. We love you, Mrs. Kayce!!! A few weeks ago, Kayce sent me a text during the school day with a picture of Emily attached... she is always so good about calling me or sending me little pictures that she catches throughout the days. I don't feel like I miss a lot of the "little" moments when I am at work. Plus, the girls love being at her house and playing with all of their friends, so the guilt has faded away to nothing over the years. It's a wonderful thing to be away from your kids and know that they are 100% taken care of and happy. I don't know how I would be able to function at work if I didn't feel confident that my children were in a good place.
Anyway, the picture that Kayce sent me was one of Emily's first nap in the playroom - this means that she was able to get her to fall asleep on her very own mat and blanket on the floor with the other big kids! This is a big step for such a little girl! Up to this point, she has napped in a Pack 'n Play in another room. We are so proud of her! For now she is still in her crib at home - and as long as the 12 hour nights of sleep continue we are not going to be very inclined to change that for some time! Way to go, big girl!




"Naps are nature's way of reminding you that life is nice-
like a beautiful, softly swinging hammock strung between birth and infinity." 
~ Peggy Noonan

No comments:

Post a Comment