The Thomas Family Blog

"And wherever we are, Home is there, too."
~ Jack Johnson

Monday, November 14, 2011

Painting Pumpkins

Well, what can I say, I got lazy this year. For whatever reason, I always end up being the pumpkin carver in the family. Travis prefers to just sit back and watch and I get stuck squatting over a fifteen pound pumpkin wielding a butcher knife and trying not to chop off a finger or stab myself in the eye. Of course, there really is nothing like the glow of a jack-o-lantern sitting on your front porch on a crisp fall evening, so... sigh... I will probably go back to the old fashioned carved kind next year. But THIS year we painted! I had seen so many cute painted pumpkins in Southern Living, at Michael's, and other places that I felt inspired to try it out for myself. Plus, I could get some of the little teensy pumpkins and let the girls paint their own. Success! We had a great time and I must say that I was impressed with my freshman attempt at pumpkin painting. Caroline and Emily painted for literally hours and we had a good, relaxing time admiring each other's work and just talking and hanging out together. Precious, precious memories.



 “But I remember more dearly autumn afternoons in bottoms
that lay intensely silent under old great trees”
~C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment