The Thomas Family Blog

"And wherever we are, Home is there, too."
~ Jack Johnson

Friday, May 14, 2010

Caroline Cleans Her Room





So, the other morning I was downstairs taking care of my usual business (i.e., basket of laundry on one hip, baby in arms, cell phone ringing in hand, etc.) when Caroline came into the room and said emphatically, "Mom, you have to see my room." Of course, these words struck fear into my heart... statements like this usually mean chaos or mishap of some sort or another, but I gathered my courage and followed her up to see what had her so excited. She had me stand outside her bedroom door and cover my eyes. Then she guided me into the room and told me I could look. Her room was spotless! She had even "made her bed!" She opened her closet door and the CLOSET was SPOTLESS... I wondered what had happened. Was I sleepwalking? Caroline HATES cleaning up after herself and usually only does it with great dramatic effect and NEVER does it without being asked! When I asked her where all of the mess had gone (thinking she would answer, "I put everything away, Mommy, just like you taught me"), she said, very nonchalantly, "I put it all under the bed." Yep. She sure did. Love that girl.

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing
is like shoveling snow before it stops snowing."
~ Phyllis Diller

No comments:

Post a Comment