The Thomas Family Blog

"And wherever we are, Home is there, too."
~ Jack Johnson

Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Little Shutterbug

Caroline has always taken great interest in taking pictures. On her second Christmas, she asked for a camera. Santa Claus brought her a Fisher Price digital camera and that satisfied her... for a time. It was not long before she realized that this contraption was much too amateur for her capabilities and needs, so she graduated to my Fuji FinePix... this was the camera I retired after purchasing my treasured Nikon D40. So the Fuji did the trick for a while. She mastered that and began asking if she could take some pictures with the Nikon. I freaked out because it is a pricey camera and if it's damaged... it is not in the budget to purchase a replacement. She persisted and I finally told her she could snap a few pictures with my supervision. She did a great job and I have actually been very impressed with what she's captured. It's really kind of cool - she has an eye and she is a great "coaxer" - she can capture moments. She shoots maybe once a week or two. Here are two she got today that I thought were very good - I know I couldn't have done any better. Good work, Foop!

"There are no rules for good photographs - there are only good photographs."
~ Ansel Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment