The Thomas Family Blog

"And wherever we are, Home is there, too."
~ Jack Johnson

Monday, May 30, 2011

We took the BRONZE(S)!!!

Trav and I are what you might call "recreational" runners... not that the heaving and sweating of running mile
after mile is my idea of recreational (I'm thinking more along the lines of frosty drink and sandy toes, but that's just me), but we have been running about five or six times a week and try to run at least one 5k race per month. We just finished running our first beach run in May and last weekend we tackled the Locust Grove Peach Stand Road Race. This was the second time I have run this one - I ran it last year as my inaugural post-baby 5k. That was interesting... needless to say I have improved my time since then and, as a result, I took third place in my age division! I was very excited about that! I never, ever thought I would see the day!!!! I don't think this was the most competitive race, but a medal is a medal and I'm leaving it at that! As circumstance would have it, Travis also placed third in his age division! How weird is that? Neither of us have ever placed in a race (well, maybe 50th place...) and we both placed the same on the same day. :) Good times! We are running the Isle of Hope Survive the Five this coming weekend in Savannah and now we have a reputation to uphold! I'm just hoping to survive!!

"The difference between a jogger and a runner is an entry blank." ~ George Sheehan


No comments:

Post a Comment