The Thomas Family Blog

"And wherever we are, Home is there, too."
~ Jack Johnson

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tomahawkin' for the Hometown Boy

Poor Travis. He is just one of those naturally athletically talented people - the awards and recognitions are too many to list and he's more comfortable on a ball field of any type than anywhere else. He always dreamed of one day having his own little Trav Junior to mold and shape in the same ways his own father did for so many years... but, alas, the universe had different plans and sent him, instead, two precious little girls. It was hard for him to hide his disappointment - not for the girls being, well, girls, but for the dreams of athletic destiny that were rapidly fading into history :) I totally understood his feelings because I, too, had my own dreams of mommy-hood. I dreamed of pink bows and curly hair and princess parties and all other things girl. I would have been more than a little disappointed had my girls been boys (although not, I am positively sure, any less completely smitten and in love with them!) I know you are huffing and puffing that I should not have cared either way as long as I had them and they were healthy - and I heartily agree - but, get real, everyone has secret dreams of what parenthood will be like. Anyway, this post is about how Trav's girls are not disappointing him at all - in fact, he now openly claims he wouldn't trade them for an entire baseball team of little boys! Caroline took her Daddy to a Braves game recently and they had an absolutely wonderful time together. Caroline loves Jason Heyward because her Daddy coached him as a ninth grade Henry County Warhawk! She and Daddy wore matching Braves gear and he said she stayed attentive the entire time. We're looking forward to going to many more games this summer with our girl!
 "People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball.  I'll tell you what I do.  
I stare out the window and wait for spring."
~Rogers Hornsby

No comments:

Post a Comment