The Thomas Family Blog

"And wherever we are, Home is there, too."
~ Jack Johnson

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Here Comes Peter Cottontail

Easter 2012 was a candy-filled, sugar-laden, egg-hunting free-for-all as it usually is. We began the day waking up to see what the Easter Bunny had delivered that morning. The girls were excited to see their baskets overflowing with treats of all kinds. In the afternoon, we went to Grandmama and Granddaddy's for an egg hunt and dinner. It was a good time! Of course, the most important thing to remember on this day is the gift of love and salvation we received from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on this day thousands of years ago. I know that for me, sometimes my logical side gets the better of me and I start to doubt the events surrounding Christmas and Easter. It confuses me when my brain tries to work out the complexities of something I am not really supposed to understand, but humbly accept and enjoy without reservation. I guess my own human-ness prevents me from understanding the sacrifices made by the Son of God in human form. Jesus was, after all, a human being - walking among us, living with us, working alongside us... yet different and with a purpose greater than any of us could have fathomed - even now. It's wonderfully comforting to know that my earthly life is not all there is and that my Heavenly Father has provided me with love and family and hope that I have everything I will ever need buried deep inside of me. As for me, I will praise Him for the brain he put inside my head and for the fact that it works hard to sort out His great mysteries. But I will praise and thank Him with my heart.


Checking out the loot

A bunny chick

Cheese!

Open dis fo me???

Cute Easter bunnies

And she's off!

Egg bandit

Caroline and Madison

Full! 
 "Who taught the sun where to stand in the morning?
 Who taught the ocean you can only come this far? 
And who showed the moon where to hide til evening? 
Whose words alone can catch a falling star?"
~ My Redeemer, Nicole C. Mullen


No comments:

Post a Comment