The Thomas Family Blog

"And wherever we are, Home is there, too."
~ Jack Johnson

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, Foopy Girl!

Yesterday was Caroline's fourth birthday party. We had originally planned to celebrate at Noah's Ark, but the weather did not cooperate! It rained, and rained, and rained, and rained. And then, when it stopped raining, it rained some more. It's become somewhat of a tradition to have Caroline's party at Noah's Ark every year, so I was disappointed for her - but, in reality, I was probably more disappointed for myself at having to figure out how to entertain a bunch of preschool-aged children inside my house all afternoon at the very last minute! As it turned out, my fears were unwarranted, and the party was absolutely wonderful! So many people pitched in to help me at the last minute and Caroline has the sweetest friends who braved the rain and bad weather to make sure her day was special.

The kids had a sidewalk chalk art contest, story time (I am a children's librarian, after all!), a dance-off, and played Pin-the-Tail-on-the-Donkey and Simon Says. We had lunch, ate cake and ice cream, and then watched Caroline open all of her presents. Barbies were the order of the day and she is now the proud owner of five! All of the little pieces that go with Barbie scare me for Emily, so I am sure at some point I will have to figure out an alternate arrangement for Barbie's shoe, handbag, and jewelry collection, but for now, Caroline is having a blast.

At any rate, the day was wonderful! Caroline asked me this morning, "Mommy, is it still my birthday today?"

I can't help but be a little bit nostalgic at this time of year, so I've posted pictures of Caroline at each of her four birthday parties so far. She's growing into such a beautiful young lady.


























I am thankful for the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
~Nancie J. Carmody

1 comment:

  1. You're girls are just beautiful! You are so blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete