The Thomas Family Blog

"And wherever we are, Home is there, too."
~ Jack Johnson

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Six Years Old!

It's hard to believe that my little first born baby girl is six years old! I never in a million years could have fathomed how much I would love her and enjoy her presence in my life. Caroline is just the most loving, astute, caring human being I have ever known and I don't remember really what my life was like before she came along (well, it involved a lot more rest, less gray hair, and more money, but I gladly make these sacrifices!). We do have our moments with each other, but she is just so tender that I don't know what I would do without her. I am so thankful to be her mama!
 We celebrated her birthday at CheerTowne, a local gymnastics and cheerleading facility, and she had an absolute blast. A lot of her favorite friends were there as well as some of her favorite family members. I even did my best to get into the spirit of gymnastics and dove into the "pit." It was a good night for all!
So beautiful.

Great form on the beam!

Savannah, Coan, Caroline, and Avery

Me Caroline, You my guests

Emily kept telling everybody, "It MY birt-dayyyyy"

Granddaddy, Grandmama, and Brams

Tessa, Emma, Coan, and Caroline swinging

Just before the big leap

The whole gang!
"When I was One, I had just begun. When I was Two, I was nearly new. When I was Three, I was hardly me. When I was Four, I was not much more. When I was Five, I was just alive. But now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever, So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever."
 ~A.A. Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment